This comprehensive 3-day firearms training
course is designed to enhance the instructional abilities of the firearms instructor,
no matter their skill level. The course
will provide the student instructor with methods of troubleshooting problem
shooters, developing lesson plans to assist problem shooters, and methods for
implementing said plan.
is an excellent course for firearms instructors that are assigned to teach
basic recruit academy curriculum, beginner shooters, remedial training sessions,
and in-service firearms training programs.
Pre-requisite: Prospective students must be a certified
firearms instructor with current and valid instructor certification.
- E.D.I.P. Instructional method
- Developing qualification courses and standard test drills.
- Methodology of shooting a semi-automatic pistol and rifle.
- Problem shooters diagnosis and solutions.
- Emergency reloads and tactical reloads.
- Malfunction clearing techniques.
- Multiple target engagement drills.
- Understanding time elements used in courses of fire.
- Pistol standard drill evaluation.
- Rifle standard drill evaluation.
- Note pad and pen
- Eye and ear protection
- Baseball-type cap
- Belt with holster and magazine pouches
- Semi-auto pistol with three magazines minimum
- AR-15/M-4 type rifle with at least three magazines and a sling
- Rifle magazine pouch
- 800 rounds of handgun ammunition
- 500 rounds of rifle ammunition